Water CO2 fire extinguisher contains only water and carbon dioxide cartridge . Cartridge seals inside the extinguisher . The plunger has a piercing type nail attached to it in such way that it will puncture the sealing disc of CO2 cartridge when pushed down .
There are two type of water CO2 fire extinguisher based on their position :
For operation –
- Upright type : these provide with a dip pipe attached to outlet point with or without a discharge hose pipe.
- Invertible type : there are no dip pipe in this type of extinguisher and no discharge pipe is provided.
The capacity of water CO2 extinguisher is 6 litr , 9 litr and 50 litr.
Operation of water CO2 fire extinguisher :
- First the safety clip open .
- Remove from the wall .
- The top handle of extinguisher catch with the left hand .
- It placed 6 feet away from the fire .
- Hold the pipe in left hand and press the knob to puncture the CO2 cartridge seal disc .
- Discharge the carbon dioxide cartridge allows the water inside the extinguisher to come out through the pressure and helps to extinguish the fire .
- When the extinguisher finish , it will be laid horizontally on the ground .
- Do not use on electrical equipment fire and oil type fire .
Recharging process :
- Open the cap .
- Extinguisher and it’s parts clean .
- Extinguisher admitted with a certain amount of water .
- Old or uses carbon dioxide cartridge was changed by using a new CO2 cartridge .
- And it locked well .
- The new label for when extinguisher check labeled .
- Every three months the CO2 cartridge check it’s weight .
- However , if the 10% lower than the original weight then it change.
- Each cartridge weight written on his neck and his expiry date given .
- Every month the other parts at extinguisher need to be checked .